Bottom's up ~ Miranda Baker

Bottoms UpBottoms Up by Miranda Baker

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


This book did nothing for me. Well, I lied. The way the business was run was interesting and is helping me with my business plan to open a BDSM club for my MBA class project. The characters themselves didn't do it for me at all. The scenes were glossed over and stunted. The resolution was too quick.



I didn't enjoy the story line. The character development was weak and not believable. I felt no emotional connection with any of the characters nor did I really care about them. The author could have done more. It was more of a telling rather than a showing which is what I think bothered me. The constant changing POV created an abruptness which I didn't enjoy either.



After reading an emotional "Anchored" and a lengthy developed "Make me, Sir", this book could not compete. I should have read this first.



I see this is the first book for the author. She has potential. It's a decent start. My recommendation for her is to go to several BDSM clubs and experience some of these first hand, it will help enhance her scenes. And if she has experienced these first hand, then she needs to be a bit more graphic and not shy away from details. The scenes felt watered down. Just when we get to the part where I think it's going to be good, it's over.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts