She's in ControlShe's in Control by Skyler Smith

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is the first I've read of author Skyler Smith.  This was an ARC given to me via one of the groups I'm in.  I have to say I have mixed feelings about this book.  There are three separate short stories and each generated different feelings.



First, I'd like to say, I enjoyed the femdom aspect quite a bit.  I don't come across many femdom with F/M.  I would like to read more of this type of story.  I'm going to break down what I liked of each story and what I would have liked to see different.



Cougar 2.5 stars

This one didn't do it for me because I didn't like how Jackie came into her wealth.  It seemed so mercenary.  I'm not sure what I would have really done differently because it did explain her motivation.



The sex was good.  I liked what Jackie set up for her household, a good fantasy.



Taking Control 3.5 stars

This was my favourite one.  Sarah's business was pretty hot.  I loved everything about this story line.  I enjoyed the sex.  I enjoyed the domination.  I loved the switcheroo.  I would request to have a longer story focused on this.  OR, to have another book with short stories of other "marks" brought into the fold.  I am impressed with Sarah and her business.  I'd work for her.  Thinking about it makes me hot.



The Perfect Man 2 stars

This one made me feel just a little bit queasy.  I say this because I start to wonder about my grandfathers who both were in coma like states when they were old and dying.  I feel slightly violated for Bob. In addition I feel guilty for not spending enough time with my grandfathers who may have been perfect of sound mind, yet trapped in a body. 



This story turned out well, but still, it as if an ethical line crossed for me.  This is very odd since I have very few lines that bother me.  This one, just didn't do it for me.  I still feel a bit ill at ease.



Overall, I would say this was a decent first attempt from Skyler Smith.  If there were more books like the second one with femdom, I would read another story.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts