Review: Cole for Christmas


Cole for Christmas
Cole for Christmas by Treva Harte

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



The Romance Review

Pining away for one of your best friends is a good way to have your heart broken. Ever since Sarah met Cole, she's wanted more than friendship. Unfortunately, Cole is openly gay and a masochist to boot. His BDSM lifestyle is too much information for vanilla Sarah to handle. She tries to protect him by learning a bit about the lifestyle. Basically, just enough so she can ensure he isn't being abused; any other details, she blushes and stammers for him to stop sharing. Sarah has finally adjusted to be the best protective friend she can be. Hopefully, this Christmas she will be able to spend it with him as her parents are out of the country while Cole's parents had essentially disowned him.

To Sarah's delight, Cole wants to take her to a skiing locale and spend Christmas with his new Dom. Sarah's wariness turns into fiery outrage as she figures out the identity of Cole's new Dom. Jeff and Sarah's past altercations make it especially difficult for Cole to achieve the Christmas gift he wants from the two of them.

This story was a bit messy for me. While I found the sexy scenes hot and I loved Sarah and Cole, I loathed Jeff. He is a Dom and good at it – this, I can respect. But his behaviour and treatment towards Sarah, I find reprehensible. As in, I don't like how he treats people. Sure, I understand he's been burned in the past by a woman, but to take it out on another woman is aggravating to me. Make no mistakes; he was a grade A asshole to Sarah.

I'm glad Ms. Harte concluded the story with a happily for now. This pleased me because for everything to be picture perfect with a "happily ever after" ménage after the asinine treatment Sarah received from Jeff would have me scoffing in disbelief and disappointment. This is a first book for me by Ms. Harte. I'm surprised I haven't read her earlier. I like her writing style, smooth and silky. I sped through this story in one quick reading and wanted more. I recommend this book to SugarKink lovers who enjoy a hot ménage.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts