Review: Grown Men


Grown Men
Grown Men by Damon Suede

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



What just happened? I like this type of story where it's a futuristic pioneer story. I'm always geeked about people trying to cultivate and "seed" the land. I'm not sure why this is so alluring. In this one, Runt, is a small guy who's waiting for a clone wife to be his helpmate. He's totally fallen behind on his producing of foods to send back to the "company". Ox who doesn't speak is sent instead. He's huge, strong and able to out do Runt in just about everything. Runt fears Ox is going to steal the farm from him. As they spend more time together working, they bond in more than one way. *wink wink*

I really liked the world Mr. Suede built. The digital queen bee was extremely clever and I loved it. The attention to detail he paid in adding layers to this world made me a very happy camper. The genetically modified eels, moths, everything had my inner geek girl squealing with joy.

What I didn't like was the ending. I'm hoping this is just the first book in the series. If not, then I'm left with so many questions that it irritates me. What happened to Ox? What does his sibling have to do with anything? I want to know about the past. I want to know what happens next. And damn, I want to hear more about Ox's huge tree branch of a dick.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts