Review: When I Fall


When I Fall
When I Fall by Belinda McBride

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Romance Review

Doesn't everyone want to be royalty at one point or another? Power, money, the good life is what most people dream of when they think of royalty.

Helios Dayspring only knows the downside of royalty – responsibility, assassination and political strife. After his rescue from slavery, one would think he has it made. Instead, after a year, he is still trying to determine the traitors as well as recover the memories erased during his sexual slavery. Through all of this, Griffin Hawke is there to support and love him.

This second book in the series pulled me in just as much as the first one. Ms. McBride further builds upon the world she's created and I love it. I enjoy stories where rebel forces have to band together and start fresh in an undeveloped world. I love learning about the inner workings of a civilization. Some of the things we learn about Helios' people impressed me. It also surprised Griffin as he was also in the dark. The same threat they faced before now comes at them face on as Helios' people strive to be part of the galactic coalition.

WHEN I FALL moved at a fast pace for me. I enjoyed the sexual interludes between Helios and Griffin. They are hot and smexy. Something about two alpha males bringing each other off just turns me on lately. The way Ms. McBride writes it, I can see it clearly and it takes my breath away. None of the sex feels forced, which is a plus for me. Each time it actually feels quite loving and, from a voyeuristic point of view, touching.

Helios and Griffin have lost so much yet they still continue forward. Intermixed with the strengthened relationship and safety of their nation, we meet more characters. The Amwere were intriguing as were the other aliens who supported Helios. I'm interested and wish another book would follow this one, as I'm sure I'll devour it quickly. I recommend this book to m/m lovers who enjoy sci-fi/ fantasy twists.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts