Review: Celebrity in Death


Celebrity in Death
Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Eve is back in. If there is one thing I can say about Eve, is that she is consistent. She holds the bar high. She takes no shit and isn't impressed by Celebrity. I love this about her. Eve says and does things I wish I could say and do at work. Of course, I'm not as kick ass as her. Her work ethic is what I like.

I enjoy how JD Robb writes. She adds these little bits of humour here and there which enhances my enjoyment of her characters. Eve's phobia of dressing and matching I can understand. I'm the same way. Fortunately I have my own Roarke who buys clothing and shoes for me. He dresses me which I appreciate too. This is perhaps why I connect to Eve so well. (Now if only my Roarke was so damn wealthy! Drat!!!)

In this latest installment, Eve is investigating the death of a actress playing Peabody in the movie made on the Icove case. I loved the "Who done it" Clue type mystery. It's a party, one person is dead, who killed the person and how? There are all these different suspects with different motives as we dig deeper. I didn't know who it was until more pieces were revealed. I like this about a murder mystery. I want to try and figure it out and have it not be predictable. The end result was pretty fantastic. I liked the reason and the ruthlessness.

I'm glad JD Robb keeps the same main cast of characters. I don't have to really meet new people. It's all the same lead and secondary characters. I feel as though these are my old friends. Each time I meet them, it's comforting and a pleasure. As I learn more about their lives and as they grow, I enjoy growing with them. This book is a 3.5 star for me. I recommend it to devote JD Robb fans and new to JD Robb fans. This story can be a stand alone, but the reader would miss so many little tidbits we've gleamed over the years.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chemical Play

Sensual Stapling

Sensual Sadist