Review: Dark Enchantment


Dark Enchantment
Dark Enchantment by Anya Bast

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Once again, I'm sucked into this world. I have to give Ms. Bast props for writing a story that captures my attention and I want to know where we are going. Piefferburg is becoming more clear to me as we receive each new book. It's nice to learn a bit more about the world each time. What I also enjoy in a series, is showcasing a previous secondary character as the new main character and developing this new character into some I care about.

In Dark Enchantment, I felt sorry for Kieran. His life has not been easy. To have a twin and experience all the dark sides of the twin is torture. Then to pain for your twin's crime through the sacrifice of your own life and that of your soul mate, I call foul. This isn't fair, but no one said life was to be fair. I'm glad Ms. Bast designed her story this way. This conflict enhances my enjoyment. I did like Charlotte and her past. While it was a surprise for her, it was no surprise for me. How else would it make sense? Her response to the betrayal is what made it good for me. Charlotte didn't rail and scream "I have Daddy issues". It helped heal her in someways and let her move on. I did feel badly for her not to be able to resolve this with her father and once again, her response to this set back is admirable.

I am also quite pleased with the reveal regarding the free fae. This was a twist that didn't occur for me and I liked it. The involvement of the three sisters was a bit depressing though. Once the connection was made, it made sense and brought on a whole new set of angst. Having two sisters myself, it makes a bigger impact on me than others who don't have sisters. I guess what I've learned in this latest book is, when the fae aren't kept in check by the Wild Hunt, they are monsters. I recommend this book to paranormal lovers who enjoy smexy relationship as well as a decent plot. This book was more plot than sex this time.

     

     

        Dark Enchantment (Dark Magick, #3)
     

 


 
 
   

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts