Review: On Display


On Display
On Display by Lorelei Powers

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



This book was just okay for me which is why it is a 2.5 star. Since I truncate, it's a 2 on GR.

Heat Rating: Spark

Sting (Kink) Rating: 2 Stars

Story Review Rating: 3 Paddles



I enjoy femdom stories. In fact, I love them. It doesn’t matter to me if the submissive or slave is female or male, it all works for me. In this short collection by Ms. Powers, we are treated to a variety of femdom tales. Each of the combinations from F/f to F/m are ones I’m excited to read.

This collection seems unfinished. Some of the stories contained neither beginning nor end, just a middle. It’s almost as if we are wandering through a BDSM party and only catching glimpses of each scene. This is not my preferred writing style. While the scenes were tantalizing, I barely tasted it before it was ripped away from me. I couldn’t even feel yearning for more because I blinked and the scene changed. At one point, I was sure some of the stories were missing pages. I had to double check to make sure this wasn’t the case. I recommend Ms. Powers focus on writing a story which contains a beginning, middle and an end.

The domming scenes were appealing to me. My favourite one is the last one, the one with the artists. I liked the older more experienced Domme who would take gifted artists on as apprentices. Her methodology was definitely unconventional yet so bloody enticing. When the words stopped for this story, it was more like a crashing halt. Frustrating is an understatement to how I felt.
I do want to make a point that each of the BDSM scenes was very realistic. I could tell Ms. Powers is in the lifestyle and most likely a Domme. This appeals to me because I could feel the D/s exchanges. For this, I definitely commend Ms. Powers. This book is probably best for BDSM readers who want just a little sip of Femdom.




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts