30 Days of Kink Day 17: What misconception about kinky people would you most like to clear up?

What misconception about kinky people would you most like to clear up?

There are so many! I think the one I most want to clear up is the fact that we are considered abusers or mentally ill.  I find both of these labels inherently insulting.  Regardless of kinky or not, there are abusers and mentally ill people in the world.  Just because it's a lifestyle that isn't within their understanding or desires, doesn't mean that it's wrong and that we are abusive or need psychiatric help.

I find people with such narrow minds disappointing.  I generally don't have much to do with them and when they talk to me, I keep my opinions to myself and generally ignore them.  I pick my battles.  There is no reason for me to force them to change their mind.  They won't because they are convicted in their belief.  That is their right.  Once they try to push their belief onto me, that is where there will be issues.

I've been told I have a very cutting vocabulary.  Sometimes, it's fun to let it out and play.

Comments

Popular Posts