Review: Foul is Fair


Foul is Fair
Foul is Fair by Chantal Halpin

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



*blink* Wait? Where's the rest of it? Grumble grumble. My friend, Chantal sent me a little note about a new book. I didn't pay too close attention to the recommendation and just added it to my unwieldy to be read shelf. It is Urban Fantasy and it's about a witch who works as a claim agent of some kind.

This short story moves very fast and when it's over, I'm wanting more. Sam is a witch who lives on the fringes. We don't know exactly why, but she wants to say under the radar. This story reminds me of early Kim Harrison. I loved early Ms. Harrison. This story a teaser for the series to come. I'm excited. The bit of world building is already intriguing to me and I'm already liking Sam. I want to learn more about these hunters too. This short story is written very tight and if this is what I have to look forward to, I can't wait to read a full length book.

The surprise to me is when I took a closer look at the author name, I realize, the author's name has the same name as my friend. I look a little closer and smack my hand to my forehead...it's my friend. I go back to search for the recommendation notification she sent and read the message attached. Yes, there are times when I'm oblivious. *chagrin* This story is a 3.5 star for me. I recommend it to those who enjoy The Hollows series by Ms. Harrison. Ms. Halpin is an up and coming author to watch.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chemical Play

Sensual Stapling

Sensual Sadist