Review: Once Burned


Once Burned
Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



What happens when fire and electricity meet? Sparks? Fireworks? Fireworks it is! Finally, the story about Vlad is here. Vlad is one of the vampires in the Cat & Bones series who is mysteriously hot. He has a past which makes him more attractive. What is it with the bad boys who are ruthless in their protection of their people? I fell in love with him. His method to instill fear in everyone is sexy too.

I've been hoping for a good woman to match him. Leila is the woman for him. She's pretty amazing. She's special with her powers of electricity. She's the perfect match for him. She's smart and she tells it as it is. She's also someone with great empathy for her the people around her. Plus she's not afraid of Vlad which is the best part. Her irreverence towards him is hilarious.

Ms. Frost delivers another great story with wonderful world building and this time, very engaging characters. Vlad's back story explains him so well. His fortress is one that I'd love to visit. He takes care of his people so well. I'd happily live in his fortress as one of his minion. The special guest appearance of Bones and Cat was fleeting. Wish Bones stayed around a little bit longer. This story ended with a bit of cliffhanger. I can't wait for the next book.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts