Review: Edge of Dawn


Edge of Dawn
Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Betrayal, lost love and human terrorist against vampires - what more could a angst loving vampire paranormal lover need? In Edge of Dawn, it's many books into the series. I've not read any of the earlier ones and now I'm hooked and will go back to read the first ten.

Starting this late in the series didn't cause much confusion. I probably would have known more about the characters' back history and also enjoyed more of the character cross references. Still, this lack of knowledge didn't stop me from devouring the book.

Mira is the main lead character in this story. She's a kick ass heroine who is pretty messed up in the head. Specifically over a guy who is her soul-mate. Kellan is the man she can never get over. He was killed in the line of duty - or was he? Mira is on a path of destruction spinning out of control. Watching her losing herself to vengeance and bitterness is so easy to understand. If I were in her position, I'd easily fall into the same desire to mete out justice, kick ass style.

The world Ms. Adrian created is enjoyable. It's dark and filled with intrigue. The characters in here pull at my heart strings. This story is character driven and what Ms. Adrian puts them through is painful. The conflict in this seems to have no way out. What's more compelling for me is how something which is so wrong actually has another side. When a story is show from two different perspectives, it's as if a veil is lifted and everything becomes clear. Still, bad choices even with the best of intentions can cause consequences no one is happy to accept.

The twists and turns of this plot kept me reading until I finished it at one sitting. It was a pleasure to read and recommended for paranormal lovers who enjoy angst and the underdog coming out on top.

* Provided by Netgalley for a review*



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts