Review: Spin Out


Spin Out
Spin Out by James Buchanan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Apparently, dating a parole when one is an officer of the law is a no-no. In this second installment of Deputy Joe, my stomach is in knots. Joe decided to keep things nice and calm for Kabe to prevent Kabe from worrying. Joe's intent is good, unfortunately the end result, not so good.

Even though this is a first person point of view, I am really getting into the story. I'm not like Joe. I'm neither male nor gay. I'm definitely not a LDS. I'm far from being a LEO. Yet I can connect with him. Mr. Buchanan does an excellent job of telling the story from Joe's perspective. I'm sucked in and feeling all sorts of sorrow for Joe. He is stuck between a rock and a hard place. There are no good outcomes. I feel so badly for him. I really enjoyed this story with all the realistic up and downs.

I can also see why Kabe is so pissed off with Joe. Kabe may be submissive in the bedroom, but that doesn't mean he can't be a partner in life. Even if Kabe is younger, it seems he's maturing quite quickly.

The BDSM in this story is hawt. I enjoyed it greatly. It's the kinky rough body play which makes me cream my panties. What I really like about this story is that the focus is on the mystery and Joe's relationship with Kabe. The BDSM is just an added bonus. The story can be w/o BDSM and it would be just as good. It makes me really happy when a good story is enhanced with kinky play and doesn't make a big deal out of it. Kudos to Mr. Buchanan's writing style!

This m/m mystery is recommended to kinky romance lovers who enjoy angst.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts