Review: Vexing Voss


Vexing Voss
Vexing Voss by Gail Koger

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Romance Review

Snarky heroine and chest-beating alpha male mixed with flesh eating aliens up your alley? How about a tentacle penis that can rock your world? Where have I been that I've missed Ms Koger's books? This is the first book I've read of hers and I'm completely hooked. VEXING VOSS is the third in her Coletti Warlords series. After reading this book, I am going to have to buy the first two and read them. This book is on my must read list.

Zoey Jones is a hardcore investigative reporter who happens to possess a rare psychic power. She is also on a mission of vengeance. She will hunt down the bastard who murdered her mother and no one will get in the way, not even the right hand man of the Coletti Overlord.

Voss is second in command to the Overlord and in search of a female mate. He wants a strong woman who is also a fighter. He is searching for Zoey. To be the bride of a Coletti warrior is an honour in his eyes. Zoey's interpretation is a bit different. She's no alien breeder to be isolated and fucked to produce child after child.

What happens when two headstrong characters butt heads? Crazy things happen. Both Zoey and Voss are in for a wild ride because trouble follows Zoey everywhere. This story is a little predictable in the way it will end. What is fascinating is the crazy train Ms Koger throws the reader on. Hang on because the ride is bumpy and there are frequent derailing stops before we arrive at our final destination. The situations Zoey gets into are deadly. It's an action-packed non-stop fight to stay ahead and not be killed. For some it may be too much, for me it was perfect. I was riveted as I devoured every fighting scene and scrape.

The characters in this story really did it for me. Zoey is quirky, snarky and completely irreverent to those in higher power. She's the small, short kid that doesn't realize she isn't the same size as everyone else. To be fair, her cleverness makes up for most of it. The way she cuts males down to size in this book is hilarious. Grabbing guys by the balls to make a point is my kind of gal. She says and does things I wish I could do at work. The character I feel sorry for is Voss. Zoey is a walking time bomb at times. He is the one who has to adjust the most in order to be acceptable to her. He's an alpha male who now needs to learn how to be a partner.

Lastly, the reason why I enjoyed this story are the different deadly aliens. It reminded me of creatures from Stargate SG-1, Dune and Firefly. I loved all these sci-fi shows. For it to be packaged in good writing, fun plot and great characters, what more could I ask for? If the author asks, it's more kinky sex. Lack of kink aside, this is highly recommended to sci-fi/fantasy paranormal lovers who love frustrating the alpha male.

View all my reviews
     

   

      Vexing Voss (Coletti Warlords, #3)
   

 

 
 
    

Comments

Popular Posts