Review: The Professional: Part 2

The Professional: Part 2 (The Game Maker, #1.2)The Professional: Part 2 by Kresley Cole

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The first installment leaves the reader hanging.  This second installment leaves a reader completely baffled.  This middle appears to be more filler than plot movement.  In addition, our independent Natalie turns into a sniveling YA hormonal mess.  The only good part about this story is the Venik "massage" in the sauna.  I've had one of these massages before and they are pretty good.  Mine wasn't sexual but I can completely pervert it into BDSM with a flick of the wrist.  I am glad I waited to read this part after I received the third so I can continue on. 

This story is confusing for me because I'm not sure where Ms. Cole is going.  Generally, her stories are well written and sexy hawt.  Usually there is some semblance of plot.  I can't make heads or tails of what the purpose is in this story.  The title of the book doesn't really bring it together either.  With the book name "the Professional" and the male lead to be a professional "killer", it brings to mind the movie, "The Professional" with Natalie Portman and Jean Reno.  Remove all thoughts of connection to that movie from your mind.  There is no tie in despite the name, profession and slight twist of the female lead's name.

There is a sudden demise in this story which makes the part of the serial important.  Otherwise, this is a lust ridden angsty orgasm denial filler.

*provided by NetGalley



View all my reviews
     

   

      The Professional: Part 2 (The Game Maker, #1.2)
   

 

 
 
   

Comments

Popular Posts