Review: The Ravishing of Beauty


The Ravishing of Beauty
The Ravishing of Beauty by Jessica Satin

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



This is a 3.5 star book. It kind of blew my mind. Ms. Satin is a new to me author and if she continues to write in this vein, I'm going to be reading all of her books. This book is originally a freebie and I didn't know what to expect except a fairy-tale-retold with an erotic bent. How erotic could it be?

This is definitely a savage retelling of Beauty and the Beast and one of the better ones I've read in a long time. The length of the book is just right. The flipping between past and present is a bit disorienting at times. Ms. Satin needs to work on her segues.

What I liked about this books is the savage primal feel to it. Beast is a beast and he takes Beauty hard. The bloodplay in this books is animalistic and raw. The sex in here is rough and punishing. The lust between Beauty and Beast is strong and well depicted. The violence in this book in a nonchalant manner should be disturbing but it isn't. It's arousing. Even when there is a death, it's like foreplay - for lions. It is as if the lioness played with her prey, killed it with relish and dragged it back to her lion for approval. He approved with forceful pleasure.

If you enjoy Quentin Tarantino movies and the black humour movie - Heathers, this is the book for you.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts