Review: Head of the Family

Head of the FamilyHead of the Family by Keiko Alvarez

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Romance Review

If you want your mind blown from killing to erotic sex, this is the book for you. Ms. Alvarez brings another stunningly crazy story with character Zoe Dunham. Zoe is married to a no good, idiot criminal and abusive man. When he gets out of prison, his first stop is to humiliate his wife and spew his anger at her stinginess. The setup of this story just emphasizes the problems with getting knocked up by a jerk and shotgun weddings. In my humble opinion, it should have been a shotgun funeral. Fed up with her husband, Zoe loses it in a fit of rage.

It's hard to categorize this story. Ms. Alvarez defies any labels. Her unique writing style may best be likened to black comedy. This story gives a Heathers vibe with Zoe offing her loser husband. What happens next is what boggles the mind. What more can a book need than sex, violence and money? Losing the albatross of a deadbeat husband, Zoe's life starts to turn around. Her artwork is recognized and her love life revives. Zoe is suddenly THE up and coming artist with art work flying off the shelves. From rags to riches, this story is a wacky ride.

The way Zoe creates art is astounding. I don't know if this is even possible but the concept is fantastic. When her artwork is eroticized and mixed with kinky sex, I don't even know how to describe what I'm feeling. This book is jarring and shocking in a good way. The premise is rather incredible and many times I am wondering what I'm reading. Still, the sex is so good. Ms. Alvarez bribes me with good sex every time. She's creative in her sex scenes and it's just the right graphic details to keep me happily humming. This is another fun and twisted erotic story.

Ms. Alvarez is on my must read list because it's always a treat to read something completely out there. Recommended for erotic reader who enjoy marching to a different drum beat.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts