Review: Moving a Little Heart

Moving a Little Heart@BlushingBooks  @BreannaHayse
Moving a Little Heart by Breanna Hayse

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Nobody does it better
Makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody does it half as good as you
Baby, you're the best

I wasn't looking but somehow you found me
It tried to hide from your love light
But like Heaven above me
The spy who loved me
Is keeping all my secrets safe tonight
~ Carly Simon


There are some books which remind me of a song.  With Moving a Little Heart, this song plays in my mind.  Baylor Parish is a woman whose lived a loveless life.  So often it seems people who love unconditionally just give and give until there is no more.  These selfless people end up burning out quick.  Baylor is not only burnt out, she's on the road to ending it all.  When a chance move to a supposedly isolated neighborhood brings her into contact with not one but four men, her life changes dramatically.

I loved this book.  I knew I would because I love Ms. Hayse's stories.  Her ageplay stories work so well for me.  Whilst it might not be realistic to have quite so many people in a relationship, this is what is appealing about the story.  Baylor suddenly finds the family of her dreams with two Daddies, an uncle and a brother.  For Baylor, she can't believe her change in fortune because she's so used to doing everything by herself.  Ms. Hayse does an excellent job of showing how hard it is for Baylor to give up her control and also change her bad habits.  Baylor may come across as a damsel in distress, but she's no victim.  She fights and tries to do everything herself.  When help comes in the form of Jake and Hayden, she doesn't even know how to respond.  It's a situation she's never experienced.

The ageplay in this book is more realistic in the sense of Daddy and little dynamics.  There is a certain authenticity to this contemporary erotica which makes it more enjoyable and believable.  The interplay between Baylor, Jake and Hayden is amusing.  They obviously love her even if they are a bit heavy handed for a person whose been alone all their life.  The exchange between Baylor and "Uncle" Teddy is too cute.  Uncle Teddy is the uncle most people wish they had.  Well, except when he doles out the punishment.  Having an older brother Matt to get in trouble with brings out the light hearted play in the book.  This is a wonderful complex bonding book and I wish it would never end.  Recommended for ageplay lovers who want an entire family, not just one Daddy.

*ARC provided by Blushing Books



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts