Review: Brain

BrainMust read action packed erotica @CandaceBlevins #Bookreview #badassfemale


Brain by Candace Blevins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This review is very late in coming.  I really enjoyed this book.  It wasn't at all I expected.  I guess I knew Brain was from a family that could be quite rich.  I also knew he had MAD hacking skills which always turns me on.  To find a woman who could keep up with him would be Ice.  She's someone who has been hacking for a while and making good money.  The problem is that she's constantly on the run with different groups after her. 

This story is great with suspense.  What really threw me was Ice's back story.  Horrific doesn't cover it.  Then on top of it, Brain's "brothers" totally humiliated her.  I hated them for it and I rooted for her as she ran circles around them.  I loved how she made them look kind of like fools.  They deserved it.  What really threw me was Duke.  I couldn't believe how he behaved in this book.  It just pissed me off and made me feel bad for Brain.

The character complexities in this book really surprised me and made me unhappy at times.  This doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the book.  The outrage I felt and desire for revenge really pulled me into this book.  Ice is a better woman than I am.  Brain is man who knows his priorities.  I liked how he supported Ice through everything.  What I really liked was how none of the relationship screw ups were easy to resolve nor were they resolved overnight.  This impressed me. 

There isn't really as much BDSM in this story.  I caveat this statement by saying, not as much from Ms. Blevins' norm.  For some, the degradation may be a bit too much.  The interrogation scenes may be too much too.  I enjoyed them.  The intensity makes me feel raw and exposed.  This kind of reaction is good for me because it means I feel something.  I felt a lot in this book.  It's definitely not a feel good warm fuzzy story.  It's more action packed, kick ass and survivor mode which I never seem to get enough off.

Ms. Blevins does another stunning job with great world building, character development, painful  wince-worthy conflicts and smooth resolutions.  This is another winner in this series.  Highly recommended to paranormal romance lovers who want to feel intensely.

* gifted as an arc.  No review requested.  I gave one anyway.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts