Review: Pride

Pride
Each punishing scene is transitioned beautiful into an enlightenment moment between Jess and Nathan. @CandaceBlevins #bookreview
Pride by Candace Blevins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What did I just read?  First of all, I'm speechless Ms. Blevins wrote a short story.  I didn't think she knew books less than 100K words existed.  Nathan is the King of all big cats.  I never liked Nathan.  I still don't like him.  This story doesn't make me like him anymore or dislike him any less.  He's an alpha male who I may want dead based on furious female feelings, but I do respect his authority.  He's not a bad guy.  He's just following the Lion shifter rules and as a feminist, I want to tell him, "Fuck you!"

Second, seriously, being a lesbian or a feminist and being a lion shifter basically means you are fucked.  Because these assholes lion shifters are more animal than human.  I am happily reveling in what Jess and her all female pride do to the male lion shifters.  I'd be right there with them.  I can't begin to describe the anger, frustration and desire to kill every male crossing my path after reading this book. 

The one redeeming thing about Nathan is how he handles this situation with the female only pride.  It is something I can respect.  As a side note, from a submissive standpoint, I can't help but want to bare my throat for Nathan. 

This dichotomy is captured so well by Ms. Belvins.  She shows how two conflicting sides can come to a mutually beneficial solution.  This story is well written with no wasted words or extra scenes.  Each punishing scene is transitioned beautiful into an enlightenment moment between Jess and Nathan.

Lastly, from a sexual perspective, this is dark and probably non-con and some dub-con.  Is there rape?  Yes.  Is it wrong?  Probably... but I liked it.  I delighted in each sexual transgression.  The pain and humiliation perpetrated on these strong females by a physically stronger male is so wrong but so guiltily arousing.  The scenes are not too graphic, just enough to wet the panties and start looking for a vibrator.

This book can be read as a standalone.  For those new to this world, it's a great place to start.  You'll want to read the rest of the books in this world.  Recommended for paranormal romance lovers who enjoy dark, punishing and an alpha male with a very well hidden soft center.

Gifted by the author whilst I was on vacation with NO access to read the book.  No review requested but I gave one anyway.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts