Review: Angie's Destiny

Angie's Destiny (Cattleman's Club, #7)Angie's Destiny by Jenny Penn

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Cattleman's Club series is no longer linear. It took me a couple of books to catch on. It's like the Gospels in the new testaments. Each of these books are taking place during the same time frame and looking through a different character's eyes. I'm mixed about it. At first, I felt there was a break in the timeline because I wasn't paying attention to the dates at the beginning of chapters. Now, I'm okay with it and find it intriguing. Note to readers, pay attention to the timeline to avoid feeling confused!

This book is a train wreck for me. I don't like Angie at all. I feel she is manipulative and childish. Her ultimatium sets me on an edge. The characters don't work well for me in this ménage because I didn't like Michael or Brett either. Since I didn't like any of the characters in this story, it could have ended up as a two star. Even Patton showing up only makes me want to strangle that child. That lunatic is trouble all around. Her help is iffy because half the time it backfires in a spectacular way.
The conflicts in this story bother me. They feel forced and contrived based on miscommunication. How old are these people? Yes, I get they are in their twenties, but they act more like hormonal teenagers with absolutely no common sense. Communication seems to be beyond their skill sets. Or at least good communication is beyond their abilities.

Let's talk about the sex. The sex is hot and dirty. Call me a fuddy duddy, but I believe my definition of virgin is different. At this point, we are splitting hairs. If a female takes up the ass like a pro and sucks cock like a two dollar back alley whore, but she still has her hymen intact, does this make her a virgin? If she has been in contests where she's being eaten out like an all you can eat buffet, how exactly does this make her a virgin? Angie is neither pure in body or thought. She's a hot mess with a major chip on her shoulder. The only redeeming thing about Angie's story is the sex. Everything else makes me want to smack each character upside the head and knock some sense into them.

Recommended for those hooked on this series and can't get enough of it.

* Provided by Manic Readers




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts