Review: Bash, Volume II

Bash, Volume II
erotic, fast paced, cliff-hanger @CandaceBlevins #bookreview #mustread
Bash, Volume II by Candace Blevins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Volume II continues right after Volume I ends.  The plot thickens as the DA is a bit cray-cray over Angel.  This story moves fast and is a complete page turning.  I read it hours after receiving a copy. I kept telling myself to wait so that I can read it right before I can get my grabby hands onto volume III.  This time, my ability to defer gratification failed.  Wee into the hours of the night, I'm aroused and debating whether or not I can sneak in a little "me-time" whilst my spouse is sleeping peacefully next to me.

The sex is kicked up a notch as readers are treated to a delicious menage between Angel, Bash and Dawg.  Ms. Blevins keeps it as vanilla as she can with only a light spanking when the thrusting begins.  It is graphic and wet inducing.  With the dominance play because Bash is a wolf, it generates more heat and it is mmm-mmm good. 

This story is more than just the sex.  The plot moves forward as Angel and Bash's relationship develops.  The down side is the stalker DA who can't take no for an answer.  The way Angel protects herself is a bit too similar to how Gen had to do the same for her ex-lover.  It works but it makes me wonder why are all these guys who are supposed to be on the right side of the law such criminals.

Another part to this story I like is how Angel is not ashamed of her family.  She see the good in what they do.  Some of their businesses may not be legal, but from an ethics standpoint, it's hard pressed to see how they are wrong.  For example, the pimp business - I fail to see the problem or issue here.  I realize prostitution is illegal.  I have never understood this and do not agree with it.  I like how the Rolling Thunder protects the sex workers.  It is how I wish it would be.  This type of protection is popular among romance writers.  My personal take on it is that romance writers do not see sex as a bad thing so they are more accepting of it being sold as a commodity.

The ending left me hanging again.  I screamed in frustration as it ended.  *glares at Candace*



What do I do?  I start re-reading volume I and II over again.  Each time, I like Bash more and more.  I can't wait to see how it all ends in volume III.  It can't come soon enough!  Highly recommended to erotic romance readers who like intelligent women, protective men and hawt sex.

*I received this book as an arc in return for an honest review.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts