Review: Ice Monkeys

Ice Monkeys (Drunk Monkeys, #7) Turning up the heat @TymberDalton #bookreview #mfm
Ice Monkeys by Tymber Dalton

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
The Romance Review

ICE MONKEYS punches with chilling accuracy as this latest in the series puts so many wheels into motion. This story is an adrenaline rush with fast paced action. The General is touring the facilities, kicking ass and taking names. Whilst the focus may be on the sexy duo Victor and Uni, my panties are wet by General Arliss's plans and execution. This is a man not to be messed with. His ability to be several steps ahead of his opponents is incredibly sexy. A man with a plan who knows how to follow it and ruthlessly take out his enemy is definitely an erotic on button for me. I digress.

Victor and Uni nearly caught their own little sexy meat for their sandwich. Unfortunately for them, she wanted another pair. Now, they have their chance with Donna. Donna is a person who represents the quintessential book smarts with little street smarts. Her pattern recognition is off the charts as well her as her knowledge about the banking industry. Figuring out how to protect her computer from rogue hackers is another story--definitely not in her skill set. When she comes into Victor and Uni's sights as a person of interest, she finds herself outside of her depth.

When Victor and Uni apprehend and interrogate seemingly ditzy Donna, they realize they have made a grave mistake. Fortunately, it is a mistake which the two can turn into their advantage. The duo drag Donna into a possible dangerous undercover job. Whilst thrilling and fun for Donna, there is a down side. There will always be the potential for unintentional collateral damage. I like when Ms. Dalton incorporates bad things happening to her good guys. This gives the story different depths of highs and lows. The story isn't filled with perfect events with rainbows and star dust bursting everywhere. Instead, the dark and light are well balanced to give a feeling of impending doom with a glimmer of hope.

I must confess, I do not read this series for the sex part. I do tend to skim over all the sex scenes in this series. They do not appeal to me. The threesome sex is fine. Ms. Daltons writes good erotica, even when it is isn't kinky. I just prefer her kinky ones. The sexual content in this book is a mild spark for me. What keeps me addicted to this story is the plot. This plot driven tale keeps me on the edge of my seat and craving the next reveal. I have my guess as to how this will all end. What keeps me enthralled is how we get there. I am enjoying this journey and I savor every new reveal. Recommended for ménage readers who enjoy a dystopian world.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts