Review: Blue Persuasion

Blue Persuasion
Moving, conflicted and complicated - Blue Persuasion is a must read book #bookreview @BlakelyBennett

Blue Persuasion by Blakely Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Moving, conflicted and complicated - Blue Persuasion is a must read book. This review is a long time coming.

When I first read about Judy aka Blue in the earlier books, I'm not too thrilled with her. In a book of her own, I'm not sure how I would like her. When I see from her eyes, I am torn. I feel badly for her and now think poorly of her friends I previously rooted for. This just goes to show you, every story has at least two sides. Seeing Bond from Blue's view is also a different perspective. It once again shows me, just because a person is not right or does not get along with you, does not mean they are a bad person. It just means the fit is not good. Bond is a good friend to Blue. He is a terrible lover, he does mean well for Blue but he still causes problems for her too. So, Bond is still a problem child for me. This story reminds me of Blue Monday from one of my favourite bands, New Order.

How does it feel to treat me like you do
When you've laid your hands upon me
And told me who you are
I thought I was mistaken
I thought I heard your words
Tell me, how do I feel
Tell me now, how do I feel


The character development in this book is incredible. Ms. Bennett pulls emotion from me, messy strands at a time. Blue is a person who tries to exercise discretion. She tries to be the friend whom her friends rely on and places people first. Yet she tries to have and hold something that is not really right for her. Her relationship with Bond is just a car accident waiting to happen. The readers know it. Blue knows it. It is nice to see Blue waking up from her rut when she comes into contact with Tate. I like and dislike Tate. Tate is good for Blue in the sense that she can see there is someone else for her. Instead of staying in her isolated world and thinking things will change, Tate is someone who inspires her to want more. And yet, Tate comes with his complications. The way Ms. Bennett builds her flawed characters, it hurts so good. It hurts because my heart breaks as we learn more about why the characters are the way they are. It is so good because it makes me fall for them a bit more. Blue and Tate are well developed complicated characters. The way they action and think represent the culmination of their past experiences.

From an erotic standpoint, Ms. Bennett knows how to crank up the heat. The sexual interludes are hot and heavy. The sexual tension between Blue and Tate is super charged. It is a nice contrast to Blue and Bond's relations. This contrast helps up the intensity. The ending comes all too soon, leaving a reader wanting more. Recommended for romance lovers who enjoy angst and new beginnings.

*I received this book as a review copy in return for an honest review

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts