Review: Pain Slut

Pain Slut for those who want to take a walk on the edgier side of BDSM #mustread @jarockauthor @riptidebooks
Pain Slut by J.A. Rock
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Pain slut is for those who want to take a walk on the edgier side of BDSM. For those who are interested in SM and wonder what can be done to a person, Ms. Rock totally rocks it. I am beyond impressed with her portray of those who enjoy pain and enjoy cbt. In this amazing story, it is all about Miles. Miles sounds like a mild manner man especially since he owns his t-shirt printing business. What is surprise is his addiction to intense pain. He bottoms hard and requires absolutely no warm up. In fact, the first scene in this book hooked me in and I'm completely blown away.

This story is more than just being a masochist. There are multiple layers here as Miles tries to balance his kink life with his desire to have a family. What does it mean to have a family? Is it his dream to have a son to raise or can it expand to have a lover and raise a child together? There are several different threads going on in this thread and they are all well developed and blended together into a rich and vibrant story.

Miles is at a crossroad in his life. He wants to start a family. He is close to adopting a child. In order to be a good father, he believes he needs to stop all this kinky shenanigans. He feels he needs to be responsible and deny that part of himself. Just reading this line of thought kills me. When Miles meets a man who is a sadist and not into BDSM, now he is even more torn. Drix is a thirty year old man who enjoys giving pain and he happens to be in a vampyre coven. Yes, the story just became a whole lot stranger. Yet Ms. Rock makes it all work. Both Miles and Drix are complex characters with depth. I may not enjoy what either does and not really understand some of their kinks, but I can totally relate to the two of them. I like Miles and Drix; I admire them, even when Miles is being hurtful and a jerk.

From a romance perspective this story is fabulous. I love how the Miles and Drix's relationship grows. Drix learning how to be a sexual sadist is a great look into how a new top can interact and learn with a very experienced bottom. The scenes Miles and Drix have are phenomenal. The accuracy with emotions, safety and skill are impressive. Either Ms. Rock has been moonlighting as a switch or she has been spending a lot of time researching. This is not a simple watch one scene and get it. The kind of understanding Ms. Rock exhibits and then relays to the reader requires quite the immersive environment. The graduation scene Drix creates for Miles is a masochist's fantasy come true. I am left speechless, aroused and wanting to experience it.

The BDSM in this story is out of the world. This is the kind of kink I like. This is the kind I am familiar with because of the lifestylers around me. Whilst I am not into the saline solution, it is popular. The knife play, predicament bondage and staples really pushed me over the edge into kinky bliss. Every scene depicted in this book is plausible. In addition, I have seen more bloodplay than in this book. There are a couple of items I do want to warn those who want to use this book as a manual. First of all, DON'T. None of these should be done without someone with experience to help. Well, unless the person is in the medical field, then that would probably be okay. Second, sounding with non-sterile items is not recommended. In the scene where plastic beads on a flogger are pushed into Mile's penis, do not do this. Can it be done? Yes. Is it recommended, no. If you really want to do this, slip a lubricated condom over the item. Because urinary tract infections are possible for men and it isn't pleasant for them either. Third, if you are going to share whips, vinegar and antiseptic mouthwash is not exactly enough. There should also be a length of time for the whip to be aired out to dry. Leaving a whip in the sun will help disinfect it better. There are other cleaning agents too, but I digress. I did learn a new tool which I had to look up. Healthvana is a real app and it really does what it says in the book. Wow. I need to share this with my local community and ask my doctor about it.

Kink, romance and character development aside, I really enjoyed the tone of this book. This story is more serious because Miles is more serious than David. The anal retentiveness of Miles is nicely balanced out by Drix's soothing calmness and spontaneity. The secondary characters, all part of "The Sub's club" are still there for their comic relief. There is one little teasing scene which just amuses me to no end. Switchy Monty Python lovers will get the joke.

Gould seemed genuinely pleased on my behalf. “And Miles isn’t really a sub!” Kamen informed Gould. “He’s a bottom who likes to dom his tops!”

Gould mock-gasped as he put the lid back on the guac.

“Kick him out of the Subs Club.”

“He’s a witch!” David cried.

“Burn the witch!”

“You guys. I really do like being submissive. Sometimes.”

“He’s a switch!” David cried without missing a beat. “Burn the switch!”

Le sigh. They all descended on me, chanting “Burn the switch!” and pretending to gnaw on me. (Kindle loc. 3216-3223)


This is my favourite book to date from the talented Ms. Rock. This new series she is writing is a breath of fresh air. Her exploration of different types of kink is a journey I am happily joining in for the ride. This kinky book is highly recommended to BDSM readers who want to see what it is like to be on the cutting edge.

*provided by NetGalley

Comments

Popular Posts