Review: Horse

Horse Must read erotica - sexy, humourous and there is a bunny! @CandaceBlevins #
Horse by Candace Blevins
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

I have been waiting for this book ever since it was announced there would be a bunny shifter. Why? Because I am born in the year of the rabbit and I am partial towards anything bunny. With great excitement, I read this book even when my family decided to drop by. (I rudely kept reading my kindle whilst we waited for the waitstaff to serve our meal, instead of talking to my family.)

Gabby is a bunny shifter who is rare because not only does she live in the human world, but she was born in human form. Apparently, in Ms. Blevins' world, bunny shifters are designed for sex. Rabbits are sexual beings? What? No. We are cute, fluffy little balls of joy.



But seriously, in this world, bunny bodies shifts to handle pretty much any size object in their holes. Anal sex with them is a treat because it is like popping a cherry every time. Oh my goodness I can not believe there is not more sexy shenanigans with bunny debauchery in this story. Ms. Blevins keeps it surprisingly tame except for the tiny little glimpse into Fairyland. Can't have a book without some sadistic sexual torture, can we, Ms. Blevins?



Now, this book is so much more than fucking like bunnies. (Even though that is a very tasty part.) Ms. Blevins is slowing building up her army of good versus evil. Horse and Gabby will be a big part of this. Horse is a bear shifter who is a perfect match for Gabby. Their sexual swinging preferences match. And Horse's protectiveness is just what timid Gabby needs. He literally provides her with strength to help her mature and become more confident. This growth in Gabby through the story is so good. I loved seeing from her perspective. She turns the horror of her life into something she can handle. She is determined and just so adorable. The way these characters interact make me want to re-read scenes over and over again.

What is also attractive about this book is the supportive supernatural community. Previous characters from the earlier books make an appearance. Some of my favourite and not so favourite characters show up. Surprisingly, Nathan, the Lion King (*snicker*) comes across as a very good guy. Nathan's treatment towards Gabby makes me all melty and gooey inside. This is a shock to me because I kind of hate Nathan. I do not like how he treated many of the females in this series and the Kirsten O'Shea series. Still, Nathan's interaction with Gaby is erotic and protective. No one can resist a bunny tail.


I highly recommend this book. It is a nice lengthy book which ends all too quickly. This book can be read as a standalone but it is so much better if one reads all the previous books. Recommended for PNR lovers who like different animal shifters, kink and motorcycle men.

*I received this book as a review copy in return for an honest review

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts