Review: The Ties That Bind

The Ties That Bind for kinky readers who are all about the non-con @cpmandara #bookreview #
The Ties That Bind by C.P. Mandara
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My mind is blown. What on EARTH just happened? C.P. Mandara informed me several times with great reassurance that it will all make sense in book six. I'm here to tell her...



No, seriously, I got to the end of the book and I'm totally WTF-ing. I had to re-read sections, and not for "me-time" purposes. I feel like I'm being rushed. Because the first five books were all torture, torture, torture. Petal is annoying. Petal is dumb. Petal can't shut the hell up. Petal is going to be hurt really bad!

This one starts the same, but Ms. Mandara totally shoots the non-con BDSM out of Earth's orbit. Her creativity on how she violates females is out of this world. This is some excellent spank bank material. Innovative, dangerous and just messed up! Just about all the different edge-play is in here. Most are past BORK (Balls out reckless kink). The aquarium scene was fabulous. I loved it. Other than the major risk of death, I wished I could experience it. I specifically loved how the fins were attached to Petal. The carousel ride was another fucked up twisted masturbation fantasy. Loved it.

From a character perspective, I still don't like Jenny aka Petal. Mark is not exactly growing on me either. As we learn more about Jenny, it confuses me because what she is saying doesn't match what the first five book shares about her father. This one piece really bugged me. Then at the end, I'm like, WTF? This new reveal came out of left field. Why is this happening? What is going on?

The mind fuck in this book is all over the place. The ending sets up for another book. Maybe it will be the final? Or maybe it will be another series. Doesn't matter to me either way because I will read them. This book is my favourite in the series. This series must be read in order. This is definitely not a standalone. Recommended for kinky readers who are all about the non-con.

*I received this book as a review copy in return for an honest review

Comments

Popular Posts