Review: Eventide of the Bear

Eventide of the Bear
@CheriseSinclair Buy this book now! for ménage readers who enjoy paranormal romance and want it all #bookreview

Eventide of the Bear by Cherise Sinclair
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Romance Review

Where have I been that I did not read this series? A devoted fan of Ms. Sinclair's kinky Gateway to BDSM stories, her paranormal books win me over a second time. After reading this book, I rushed to purchase the first two books so I can read them. I read this book as a standalone and was fine following it. I will be going back to read the first two books in the series. For readers who have never read any shifter books, this is an excellent series to start. Or I should say, this is a good Gateway to Shifter Romance.

Emma may come from a wealthy background with a strict mother, but she is poor in love and friends. This is a particularly dangerous deficit to have, when one is a shifter. As a bear shifter, young Emma is solitary and shy. When she tries her first mating orgy without any preparation, disaster strikes. Forced to live away from all others, Emma should have perished. Emma may be quiet, but she is a fighter.

I loved the characters in this story. Ms. Sinclair is gifted in her character creations. I loved Emma, Ben and Ryder. Each of these are characters who tug at one's heart string. They are all good people with a troubled past. These characters and their trauma could be trite. Ms. Sinclair writes it with a fresh viewpoint and pulls the reader deep under her spell. Emma is the tenderhearted innocent female who only wants to be accepted and loved. Ben is the one left behind and trying to make a life without his beloved brother. Ryder is the prodigal brother who returns with a small adorable female cub in tow.

This story could just be a happy ménage, but it is much more. The reader travels to a world where different animal shifters comingle. There are packs and there are alliances. Magic is involved with a goddess and god's blessings. Hellhounds are to be fought. Betrayals are revealed. Love lost is found.

This is a rich story with plot, character development and a dangerous supernatural world. This is a pageturner which kept my attention from the first few pages. This story is highly recommended to ménage readers who enjoy paranormal romance and want it all.

Comments

Popular Posts