Review: Her Adoring SEAL

Her Adoring SEAL Her Adoring SEAL by Caitlyn O'Leary
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

How have I never read this author before? Ms. O'Leary first popped onto my radar when I read her story in an anthology. This book follows right after that anthology and I'm sucked in. This is a 3.5 star book and I want to read the entire series. For those who enjoy Maya Banks and her KGI series, this series will be right up your alley.

Beth Hildago is a terrified and terrorized young woman. She and her family are separated to keep them safe from the Mexican drug cartel. In this fast paced story, Beth is on the run and she is assigned to be with Navy SEAL Jack Preston. Jack is the perfect gentleman to coax Beth from her frightened shell. Jack may be built like a Viking, but he is a gentle teddy bear. Especially when he cuddles and reassures Beth through her nightmare.

I liked both characters in this story and I loved the Navy SEALs theme. I am a fan of military men as heroes or anti-heroes so this story worked well for me. Ms. O'Leary's writing is concise and smooth. I could see every action and I liked how she built her characters. They were not one dimensional. I liked how the secondary characters, like Jack's mother and Rosa were integrated in to enhance the story. I also liked how Beth was not a doormat or a helpless damsel in distress. Ms. O'Leary is now on my list of authors to read. She has so many books and I'll need to get through every single one of them. Recommended for romantic suspense readers who enjoy military men and the women who love them.

Book provided by the author with no requirement of a review. I gave one anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts