Review: Her Naughty Holiday

Her Naughty Holiday @tiffanyreisz Must read warm fuzzy holiday romance
Her Naughty Holiday by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Poignant, satisfying and sexy - another winner from talented Tiffany Reisz. This story, I held off reading for some unknown reason. That is clearly a mistake. This is a read it now book. Whilst this is part of a trilogy, this story can be read as a standalone. For those who are hankering for Ms. Reisz's incredible BDSM series, this sweet romance will tide a reader over for a bit longer.

Clover Greene is a successful entrepreneur. She runs a flower shop. Full disclosure, this story hit me a bit more because I have a cousin who has a life similar to Clover's. Both my cousin and Clover did not finish college and they started their own flower shop. Both became very successful despite the lack of support from their immediate family. I remember my mother sharing with me how horrible my cousin was being treated and that my cousin is a survivor. My mother commended my cousin on how she ignored the nay-sayers and followed her dream. Because of this personal experience, this story meant much more to me. Because I can see how Clover's family treated her affected her just as it did my cousin. I am much more engaged in this story and wanted to cheer Clover on. Because in real life, as a six year old, I could not be as supportive as Clover's "fake" boyfriend Erick.

I loved Erick. He is a man who can be any man. He's not rich. He's not poor. He's a representative of working America complete with a teenage daughter. I liked how he handled the curveballs in his life and risen to the challenge. I especially loved how much he supported his wayward daughter. This is what it means to be a parent with unconditional love.

I found this book to be an excellent story of how to be non-judgmental and ignore those who want to drag you down. This story is reassuring in that it shows people don't get to choose their families, but they can work to make it better. Even when someone loves you, sometimes they don't show it right. This story is a feel good because the end result is how we hope real life would turn out. Sometimes, it does. For my cousin and Clover, it appears to have a happily ever after.

The sex in this story is erotic, spicy and delicious. This is the kind of romance novels I wanted to read when I was in my teens. It is descriptive, full on carnal pleasure. The way these two adults revel in their sexuality is fabulous. Ms. Reisz is one of the few authors I can always rely on for excellent sex scenes that turn me on.

This holiday trilogy featuring handymen is hands down a must read.

*provided by NetGalley

Comments

Popular Posts