Review: With Every Breath

With Every Breath With Every Breath by Maya Banks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This series keeps pulling me in. The fourth book in this series, Ms. Bank features Eliza who is the only female at the company. She can hold her own and is a big defender of all women. One could say she is almost rabid in the defense of those she considers family and friends. When she was taken and tortured, her family and friends thought for sure she would lean on them. Instead, she seems to draw further in herself. When she asks for a vacation, this throws up red flags from her partner and the man interested in her.

The story moves luke an action flick with men who like to blow things up. Eliza has a secret from her past which shames her and pisses her off. She was tricked when she was 16, but now at 26, she is going to fight back. Whilst I like all the suspense and fighting, I find her age a bit unbelievable. 26 and able to do so much after starting at 16 is not realistic. Still, this story is moving and invokes emotion from me so I really enjoyed it. The characters in this story and admirable and do remind me of her KGI series. These men are all alpha and they believe they can fix all problems. It is amusing and whilst I would find them overbearing, Ms. Banks makes them charming and loveable. This romantic suspense is recommended to readers who like second chances to right the wrongs of the past.

*provided by Edelweiss


Comments

Popular Posts