Review: Handcuffs and Roses


Handcuffs and Roses
Handcuffs and Roses by Laura Hammond

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Lisa Mayne is a beautiful cop with psychic abilities. Rather than being pushed into cold cases, her boss makes use of her ability. This is surprising and a change for me when it comes to how psychics are treated by law enforcement agencies. It does help that her boss is a family friend and father figure. The latest case Lisa is placed on comes with a new partner, James McGuinn. James is a pretty boy who has anger management issues, to put it kindly.

I like James. He’s dominating and not by the book. His bending of rules helps him with the new division he’s joining since they are known for some leniency when it comes to the rights of criminals. Read this as, criminals possess very little rights in their eyes and sometimes the criminal may accidently run into a door or fall downstairs when being interrogated. In this story, there are vile and vicious criminals. This story is more a murder mystery than a BDSM book. The BDSM element only helped make the story erotic and hot.

While I’m mixed about the combing BDSM play at work where there can be serious repercussions, I have to admit it made the scenes hotter for me. The fact that James is a caring Dom who researched Lisa’s preferences with her old Dom speaks loudly to me. He is trying to build a relationship. It isn’t just a sexually kink for the two of them to get off and forget. The fact that they can have a 24/7 D/s relationship because they work together is almost too good to be true and pretty hot. I’ve fantasized about this before and Ms. Hammond does a good job of balancing the work and play. I recommend this fast read to BDSM lovers who fantasize about a strong cop in uniform being a big bad Dom.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts