Review: The Tap Room


The Tap Room
The Tap Room by Liz Crowe

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



The Romance Review

Eie-meanie-minie-moe, which cock do I choose today? Red-headed, almost-divorced Erin is surrounded by pussy hungry men. I wanted to read this book because I'd read a short story by the author and the sexy content was sweet and tasty. To return to THE TAP ROOM world, I couldn't wait to read about the business partners of the brewery. In addition, the author, Ms. Crowe is from Ann Arbor, Michigan, which is near and dear to my heart.

Erin's brewery is finally successful. However, her personal life is in the bottom of the barrel with her 20 plus year marriage down the drain, sacrificed to her job. Her partners Trent and Owen's personal lives aren't that much better. Trent has gone through a divorce due to the brewery. Owen comes across as a commitment phobic who is emotionally constipated. This is Erin's words, not mine. As if that isn't enough, the new employee, Jeff who is also super hot wants to tap Erin's ass. But wait, there's more! Landon, a rock star in brewing, chases after Erin. Each one of these men is in love with her and wants to be with her. They want her more than just for "sex". I rolled my eyes.

What I wanted to read was about a woman building a meaningful relationship in a hot ménage or even a quad. Instead, I'm pulled into a sexual frenzy where people are petty and juvenile to each other. There is a lot of chest thumping and unresolved sexual tension. The lack of honest communication and discussion caused further confusion for Erin and disappointment for me. I did enjoy the sex scenes as they were hot and lust filled. The emotional baggage totally destroyed my afterglow as well as Erin's. As if this isn't enough, her extremely handsome and powerful ex-husband, Bradley, is looking for reconciliation. There are complications to this and throws Erin into a loopy state of confusion.

Reading this story only goes to reaffirm the phrase, "don't mix business with pleasure". The dysfunctional dynamics between Erin, Owen, Trent and Jeff hurts the brewery. It's not the end of the world, but work does suffer. To add two other men, Bradley and Landon, to the mix, I'm wondering why we didn't just receive a gang bang scene at this rate. I realize Erin struggles with her lack of will to say no and pick a guy. She keeps admonishing herself for behaving like a slut. I have news for her. She is a slut and at least each one of the guys receives a sloppy second, whether they want to or not. The collateral damage she causes the men is irresponsible and a hot mess.

There is no happy ending in this book. There are however three choices since this is a choose yourself ending book. I'm of two minds for this type of book. The reader is able to pick the ending they like best. This would satisfy the reader. I read each one of them to see which one I liked best. I knew which one I wanted. Unfortunately, none of the endings satisfied me to a satisfying closure. There was one that was the closest to what I had hoped to happen. Still, it wasn't enough for me.

For people who enjoy a choose yourself ending, this book will satisfy your craving. I recommend this book to people who enjoy reading emotional turmoil filled with one super hot woman and five super gorgeous men getting their groove on.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts