30 Days of Kink Day 19: Any unexpected ways kink has improved your life? If so, what are they?


Any unexpected ways kink has improved your life? If so, what are they?

For a while, kink improved my sex life.  It comes and goes in cycles.  Right now I'm in a lull.  What I have found as unexpected is how it impacted my work life.  I am an acknowledged switch.  My predominant personality is all Domme.  My personal preference is submissive.

Prior to reading and learning more about BDSM, I experienced great difficulty with managers.  I had issues with authority figures.  At times I still do.  I was able to only connect with peers and those who are fondly known as support staff.  I couldn't get any of these people to do anything for me, but I at least got along with them.

Now, as I learned more about the D/s dynamics and discovered I was a switch, I started to use these types of techniques with my boss, peers and those who indirectly report to me.  I have found that my Domme personality works really well at work.  Did I mention I work in IT and work with a lot of men?  This persona works scarily well.  Every once in a while, I run into a natural Dom/me.  When I do, and I generally respect them, I switch to submissive.  It works surprisingly well there too.  Since I've incorporated my BDSM leanings into my work, it's been much easier for me to accomplish goals, meet milestones and provide quality deliverables.

Oddly enough, people will ask, "did I please you?" or, "I'm not going to get spankings for screwing this up, am I?"  I'm walking a very very fine line between sexual harassment and good BDSM tactics for the work place.  Who knew kinky styles would help?

Comments

Popular Posts