Review: Murder of Crows


Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is a must read book. I loved this book and I've now re-read it about 10 times since. Why do I love this series? I love it because the way the Others or Terra Indigene think. It's so foreign yet understandable to me. For me, I like it because it reminds me of when I was young and trying to understand how the people reacted was so different than me. I couldn't figure out how everyone else would know something I didn't know. Did I miss a day in class? Did I miss the memo? Was there a book I didn't know to read? I felt puzzled all the time. It was frustrating. This is probably why I identify so strongly with the Others.

The Others are ruthless yet they are very clear in their intention. It is another trait which I really like. If this world existed, I'd be living with the Others. I'd probably be a Human Liaison pushing hard for equity. The little details Ms. Bishop shows how humans take advantage of Others touches me. The simple usage of a notebook or how to eat honey, these are all things that confused me too. There are times when I do something which people still look at me funny. I have to have my spouse explain to me what I did which wasn't the norm. Humans are not logical in my mind. Simon and Vlad are saints to put up with human behaviour.

I also loved the humour in this story. Exploding fluff bunnies? Did I get that phrase right? That is term I'm going to have to use for some of the people I know. The humour injected after a period of seriousness works well for me. Ms. Bishop's timing is good and always makes me smile.

The writing is very well done. Between the vivid descriptions and the clear actions, I can see everything crystal clear. Whilst I'm not a big fan of changing POV, in this one, it's done so well that it's not distracting. It makes the book better for me.

The ending of this story is satisfying because this part of the story is now complete. It does make me wonder what will happen next. Human First and Last should play a bigger part in the next book. I can't wait. I love this series and it is one I'll read over and over again. Highly recommended to paranormal lovers who are march to their own drum beat.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts