Review: Come Back

Coming Back (Ink & Chrome, #3)If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours @laurendane #buyit 
Coming Back by Lauren Dane

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Carve out my heart with a rusty spoon and smile whilst I slowly bleed to death. In Coming Back, this is an emotional ride with the too good to be true Jessilyn. Of all the girls in Ink & Chrome series to date, Jessilyn is the one I feel most sympathy towards. She lost the most and yet she still is a loving and warm hearted woman. She's giving to the point of risky her own health. The characters in this book really made this book good for me.

Jessilyn grew up with Adam and Mick. They were the three musketeers so to speak, and when they became old enough, this strong friendship morphs into something more. The "more" is special and fragile. Unfortunately, before the bonds could be cemented, it's shattered and the three lovers are violently flung apart. My heart hurts for each one of them. What I liked about this story is how Ms. Dane does an excellent job of showing the difference between two families. Both families are very religious. Both are Christian families. It is how they demonstrate and show their Christian values which is worlds apart. This goes to show it is not the religion which is suspect. It comes down to humans, how humans are flawed and behave in ways that do not make sense.

The dynamic between Mick, Adam and Jess is so good. The sex is erotic and delicious as expected from Ms. Dane. The three of them love each other in a mmf triad which is my preferred ménage formation. The sex is sweet, sensual and smoking. These three coming together now is better because they are all older, wiser and better able to handle societal judgment. The three of them are stronger and it's a bondage of beauty. It also helps when certain old hurts come to light.

The suffering Jess goes through in silence is hard for me to accept. I understand why she does it. I just don't like how she is left alone and when something as big a secret as this comes to light, you know there is going to be a reckoning. For a much loved daughter, there will be hell to pay when her parents find out how she's been abused. The plus side is it brings Mick and Adam back to her faster. I think this story can best be summed up with "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours". This erotic romance is recommended for ménage lover who believe in happily ever afters.

*provided by NetGalley



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts