Review: Cuffed & Claimed Box Set

Cuffed & Claimed Box Set Cuffed & Claimed Box Set by Lori King
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Looking to try a few new authors? Interested in spicing up romance with a pinch of kink? This anthology featuring ten authors is one to pick up. The nice selection of stories contain sugar to spice and everything nice. I knew of three authors before I picked up this book. Two authors I kind of knew and five who were new to me. Each of these stories involves an alpha male and a submissive female. Some of the females are feisty and others are bratty. Sometimes the chemistry is hawt and sometimes, it is a slow steady simmer. The stories are all well written and edited. The characters are for the most part, easy to visualize. The men are romantic and they sweep women off their feet. For me, there was only one story which really caught my attention and I was riveted. And it had nothing to do with the kink. It was all about the writing style and story.

Her Hearts Protector by Caitlyn O’Leary is the most memorable one for me. She is a new to me author that I need to add to my list of authors I watch. What I liked about this story is the tightly written tale that was plot driven. The conflict in this story is pretty major. In addition to the huge issue through the constant threat of death, Ms. O'Leary creates admirable characters. I fell in love with David Sloane. He's a guy just trying to do his job and is in the middle of a disaster. He is the type of character who steps up to the plate and inspires. He is what I consider, a real man. Not to be outdone, Sarah Kyle is a strong female lead with her determination and strength in times of need. She embodies self sacrifice and doing the right thing. This story isn't about the rose coloured kinky romance. This is a tale of love at the wrong time reunited at the right time in the wrong place. There is action, life or death decisions and evil threatening to flatten everyone. Creating a story filled with grit and hope in a desolate and demoralizing situation is admirable. To use characters who can be anyone in the world, not rich, not famous is impressive. I loved the bonding between the two characters in the face of their adversity. I loved how they struggled to fight for both love and life. This last story in the book really finished off the book on a high note.

This romantic suspense collection is recommended to kinky readers who are love men in uniforms who protect and love with a spanking hand.

*I received this book as a review copy in return for an honest review

View all my reviews

Comments

Caitlyn O'Leary said…
Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot to me. This is actually a spin-off of one of my other books. LOL
Hello Caitlyn! You are welcome. I loved your story and I am thrilled to learn it is a spin-off of your other books. Now I'll need to go search the other books. :)

Popular Posts