Review: The Billionaire's Christmas Bargain

The Billionaire's Christmas Bargain #mustbuy kinky romance lovers who enjoy angst with a happily ever after @joelysue #bookreview #
The Billionaire's Christmas Bargain by Joely Sue Burkhart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Keep your tissue box handy. This is my favourite book in the series to date. Each book is better than the previous one. This one, I once again thought I knew what I was getting into when I accepted it as a gift. I thought it would be a short Christmas novella seeing Donovan, Lilly, Diana and Jackson again. I definitely knew it was going to be a femdom theme. Right... Whilst these four characters are in the book, it is all about a new couple - Harvey Caine and Kesley Marley. If I thought the last book was heartbreaking, this one pushed me over the edge. I think I cried the entire last five chapters of the book. This is in addition to the sniffling and desperate blinking to avoid tears from leaking down my face earlier in the book. And trying hard not to let my nose get stuffed up because it was late and my spouse would be mad if I was still reading. Because blowing my nose past midnight is definitely a no-no when I'm still awake reading.

Kesley, let me count the ways I admire you. Kesley is determined to make it on her own. She is so realistic. She reminds me of a friend who does fetish videos for money too. Kesley's rejection over and loss in life is just painful to hear. It makes her appreciate the unexpected gifts and pay it forward. All I can say is, the coat gift moved me so much I felt it physically. As for Jackson, he is so hateful yet I liked it. It isn't that I pitied him. More that I felt so badly for him. He is doing everything he can to cut of his own nose. The anger and angst from him is truly painful for me to witness. I felt helpless like Maxwell. Unable to help someone who desperately needs it but refuses to reach out is sometimes worse.

The BDSM in here is very good. What I liked is how Kesley refused to go into it on a lie. I too thought better of her. The way Kesley dommed Jackson is impressive. The D/s in here is so penetratingly private. I am almost uncomfortable watching Jackson break apart. I liked how Ms. Burkhart shows that BDSM is not the cure. BDSM is not therapy. Can it be cathartic? Definitely. Kelsey is an amazing dominant and so very thoughtful. Another dominant in this series I admire. Ms. Burkart is 3 for 3 on writing fabulous female dominants.

The plot and conflict in this story is more involved than the previous two. It is set up so well and I liked how it resolved in such a healing manner. Ms. Burkhart is a gifted storyteller who pulls all the emotions out of me in this book. I felt joy, anger, frustration, amusement, sorrow and contentment. One thing to note because now it is two books in a row. Please Ms. Burkart, Original Glenmorangie is hands down the best. A double neat, please. Glenlivet and Johnnie Walker Blue? Blech. If I have to, I'll accept Glenfiddich. If you can find it, which is only in Scotland, I highly recommend Ginger Tam's. I digress. This book is highly recommended to kinky romance lovers who enjoy angst with a happily ever after.

*I received this book as a gift. No review was requested. I wrote one anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts