Review: Dominance and Deception


Dominance and Deception
Dominance and Deception by Amy Valenti

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



The wait is over! My official review can also be found on The Romance Reviews. Click icon to take you to that website. The Romance Review

A hot dominant cop and a sexy submissive forensic hit all the arousal buttons for me. No, this isn't an episode of Bones. Although, I think in Bones, the cop would be the submissive. I digress. In DOMINANCE AND DECEPTION, we meet Zack and Faye. They have been working together for a couple of years in the same precinct. Not surprisingly, they carry a torch for each other but are too afraid to mention it. When a murder case brings it to a personal level through a shared lover, it's probably the best thing for the two.

Zack is an uber Dom. I love his ability to top Faye who is actually a switch. I love Faye and can relate as a fellow switch. I'm thrilled with Ms. Valenti's characters because none of the BDSM people are in the lifestyle due to some messed up abuse from their past. This is a big win for me. Instead, they are everyday normal people who love to get the kink on. Oh boy, is the kink hot.

This D/s relationship, which also included a very hot ménage with Faye subbing for two men, made me want to jump my spouse. What I'm most impressed with is that Ms. Valenti uses little to no fancy BDSM props and toys. Her techniques are pure D/s with some great mind fucking. This is a nice change from some of the books that are jammed packed with toys and fancy machines. Going back to basics is pretty hot. This book has no humiliation and very little pain aspects.

While it's easy to categorize this book as a BDSM book, it's more than just a sex book. The plot development was tightly written, detailing the work life of people in law enforcement. The twists and turns in the story kept me constantly guessing and wanting to know what was next. I loved how her story surprised me at each turn. There were no predictable scenarios and outcomes. It is so refreshing to read a romance story where the couple didn't immediately move in with each other and profess their undying love within weeks of meeting. The book takes us through two years of loving and growth between Zack and Faye. Watching them grow closer together and the ups and downs in their relationship brought a smile to my face.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and whipped through it in a couple of hours. I did not stop for even a bathroom break. Ms. Valenti is a new author to me and I eagerly look forward to more books from her. I recommend this book to people who want to see a different side to BDSM and enjoy a bit of mystery and suspense. My inner Domme says, "Buy the book and devour it".



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts