Review: A Chip in His Shoulder


A Chip in His Shoulder
A Chip in His Shoulder by L.A. Witt

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Romance Review


Love and hate are so close at times; it's hard to tell in the heat of passion.

Liam was betrayed by Daniel and has the opportunity to confront him after five long years. Liam's been given a contract to assassinate Daniel by Daniel's father. With pleasure, Liam greets Daniel with a loaded gun in both his hand and pants. Not all is what it seems. Daniel still loves Liam and his world has come crashing down around him before he had a chance for his plans to come together. Old wounds are opened as Liam confronts Daniel. New wounds are created as they come to an understanding.

This story is totally cyberpunk, which I like. I would like to see more about this pretty cool cyberpunk world. The controversial mods totally had my inner geek girl squealing in delight. The world was explained just enough that I understood the warring factions and the idealists. I liked the gadgets incorporated into the story. It was sort of borg-esque yet different in a hot techno way. I would really like to read more about this world and learn more about the different companies and about the Gutter. I also want to know if there are "rebel" forces who band together to fight the large corporations.

This is my first story by Ms. Witt. I like her fluid writing style. The pace she sets is fast and furious. I recommend this book to fellow cyberpunk lovers who enjoy a hot m/m love/hate relationship.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts