Review: Defying the Odds


Defying the Odds
Defying the Odds by Kele Moon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



FABULOUS! I am a die hard Kele Moon fan. This story about UFC was totally hot!

Official Review

The Romance Review

Let's get ready to RUMBLE! I LOVED this book. I am an Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fan. Mixed martial arts (MMA) fighters turn me on. I enjoy watching the fights. What's not to like? Ripped men are half naked proving who the alpha man is by forcing the weaker man to submit. I love watching the submissions. Did I mention the sweaty almost naked cut bodies?

In DEFYING THE ODDS, the main character, Clay Powers, is a heavy weight UFC champion. Based on his description, I imagined Brock Lesnar the entire time. Clay is an intimidating barbarian with a soft teddy bear heart. He loves the fighting but is tired of the circus like media and the skanky ho groupies. When he meets Melody Dylan, it is kismet. She's the one he's been searching for, the person who gives him meaning. No one is more surprised than the frightened Melody. She's on the run from an abusive ex-husband. She's hit rock bottom; she's penniless. The town of Garnet is her fresh start. The small town reminds her of better times and feels like home.

I like and admire Melody. She's no one's victim. She was both mentally and physically abused by her ex-husband. Yet she still keeps her positive outlook and doesn't shy away from men. She's making a new life for herself and doesn't wallow in self-pity. I appreciate Ms. Moon's depiction of an abused woman. Melody overcoming her fears while cautiously falling in love with Clay is a fairytale romantic.

The entire story flowed for me. I enjoyed every minute, especially the conclusion. Every character pulled at my heartstrings. I will read this story over and over again because it is a feel good book. I particularly enjoyed the set up for the follow up books. I want each of the main characters to find their special someone. I highly recommend this book to those who love a great romance.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts