Review: Bran's Story


Bran's Story
Bran's Story by Maculategiraffe

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Bran is a sweet eighteen year old who's a bad slave. He's now been sold off to the Slave Breakers who will fix him. Bran's already tried to run away twice from his different masters.

When we finally see Bran's personality emerge from his catatonic like state, I'm close to weeping for the poor bugger. I have an inkling how he became sold into slavery; it's not pretty. This world Maculategiraffe created is interesting and I don't fully understand how the world works. I have a pretty good idea, but it feels as if quite a bit of it is left to our imagination. This book is focused more on the relationship and Bran's journey.

I have to say, his journey is one that moves pretty fast. Within a few months, he's almost an ideal slave. He's responsive, adorable and quite thoughtful, even if he isn't thinking exactly straight. Holden, his trainer, now his story is filled with angst and heart-break. At 41, he's had the love of his life, been sold off, given away and married a woman who loves him but isn't the love of his life, or is she?

Maculategiraffe does an excellent job of showing all the different ways to love a person. The different reasons and how love can come about. I'm really quite impressed while I'm wiping tears off my face as each new hurt is revealed. I've lived a charmed life compared to these people. I don't know if I could handle being relegated to unwanted status once I'm old. Hell, I'm already on the shelf compared to these guys in the story.

The BDSM in this book is rather light. The focus is more on a D/s relationship and building trust which I find delightful. There is close to no impact play. This is definitely a book I'd recommend to all m/m readers who enjoy BDSM. This is a winner.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts