Review: Infamous


Infamous
Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



Did someone swap out the Ms. Kenyon I've been dutifully following? I did not like this book at all. This book was a hot mess for me. Or perhaps this is how it supposed to be since it's a young adult book. If this is what young adult books are supposed to be like, then it's a damn good thing I never had books like this when I was a young adult.

The characters

In this timeline, Cherise is a cunt. There is no other word for her. She also needs to see a shrink because she's obviously bi-polar and also passive aggressive. The Cherise in the other timeline is a loving mother who does her best for her son. In this one, she's a shrieking harpy. She's the one who stands out most in this book.

This book is a clown car. The cast of characters coming out of this storyline is like the circus clown cars where no one is exactly sure how all those clown fit in it and when another one will pop out. I can't even list everyone who showed up as a minor part.

The plot

Everyone wants something from Nick. That is basically what I see. This book is littered with caricatures of concepts which are beaten over our head over and over again. Never love a woman; she'll betray you. Suicide is the most selfish act in the world. Clockwork Orange syndrome Nick refused to defend himself to please his psychotic mother. These are just to name a few.

I honestly don't know what happened here. I love Ms. Kenyon's books. They are usually books that I enjoy because someone is doing there best at a second chance for redemption. While this book on the surface seems to be this way, with Nick fighting his in born nature, the entire book leaves me feeling dirty with the sheer amount of malice, teen angst, drama and petty violence. I'm a bit disgusted and quite disappointed.

The story jumped around and at one point I was wondering if I was tripping acid. From the nether realm to the hospital confrontation of his maternal grandparents and the Fringe...was I at a play where I left during key parts of certain acts so I missed the transition? At this point, I don't care. This book is the last in the series I'm going to read. It just doesn't do it for me. I can't fathom who I can recommend this book to read.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts