Review: New Leather


New Leather
New Leather by Debra Varva

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Carl the gay reporter wants to do a piece on Leathermen. His desire to do expose on the BDSM leather lifestyle had me wincing. Would this be good or bad? I am going to end up with a negative BDSM piece? To my delight, this story is done in a very good way and rather hot. James is the Dom showing Carl the lifestyle. It helps that Carl possesses submissive tendencies.

The bargain is 6 weeks, every weekend, Carl submits to James. This is when he learns about what it means to submit and also how impact play works. This story is a great one for New to BDSM readers. It's gentle in it's teaching since it is a new to BDSM learning. There aren't any heavy handed lectures which I appreciated. The budding relationship between Carl and James was also sweet. This was a nice erotic romance.

The only thing that bugged me was the author's usage of dominate. Dominate is a VERB not a noun. Several times she called James a dominate. He's not. He's a Dominant who dominates. Picky yes, but annoying and pulled me out of the story. I recommend this book to m/m lovers who want to try a bit of BDSM.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts