Review: Thief


Thief
Thief by Ava March

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Cavin Fox is a thief and prostitute from necessity. As a young kid in the streets, he survived only by finding a protector. This male protector taught him how to steal as well as forced him to bend over for payment. My heart cries for children abused in this manner. Cavin is no one's victim. He's trying his best to get out of this hell and save another boy with him. His time table moves up a bit too quick for him when the young boy who is still in his early teens is already propositioned for prostitution.

Benjamin is a Lord of the realm, but the youngest of five children. Whether he marries or not is immaterial. Benjamin is conflicted. Does he like men or women? After a chance one night stand with Cavin, Benjamin is no longer conflicted. What he does want, is Cavin.

I enjoyed this story by Ms. March. The historical pieces rang true for me. The class rigidity in England did prevent people from finding jobs easily. The despair and desperation was well done and moved me. I felt badly for Cavin and his position. He tries so hard and is an able body, yet w/o credentials, no one is willing to give him a chance. I can't imagine this kind of rejection and hopelessness.

Cavin and Benjamin coming together and their struggles is what did it for me. This is a 3.5 star read for me. The conflict was realistic and moving. The characters were developed in a manner I enjoyed. The romance was very sweet. This is a lovely m/m romance. I recommend this story to m/m historical romance lovers.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts