30 Days of Kink Day 11: What are your views on the ethics of kink?

What are your views on the ethics of kink?

This is a good question.  For me, it comes down the individuals involved with each other.  If they have the same values and rules of conduct, then generally it should work out well.  If there is a disconnect between the parties involved, then there are issues.

There are some general ethics in kink, specifically at play parties which I prefer to observe.  One of them is outing people in the lifestyle.  I prefer to be discreet.  I also avoid mentioning what happened at events.  If it is an educational event, my notes avoid any personal references unless it is about my responses. 

When it comes to the safety factor, if this is what the question is asking, I'm wondering if it is questioning me on SSC or RACK.  I'm a follower of RACK because the kinky things I enjoy are all risky.  Apparently knifeplay, fireplay, violet wand and electrical play are considered edgeplay.  Who knew?  I didn't really think of it that way.  I guess each of them can cause death.

If we are talking about if I think some of the things people do is ethically correct - like bestiality, I am hard pressed to judge this.  When I was younger and very judgmental, I probably would have drawn strict lines.  Now, I don't have that many lines and what I do have is blurred depending on the situation.  I'm a bit more fluid.

Comments

Popular Posts