30 Days of Kink Day 29: Do you have a BDSM title (e.g. mistress, master, slut, pig, whore, princess, goddess, ma’am, sir)? What is your opinion of the use of titles in general?

I have no title.  I've been addressed as Mistress and "little one".  I've also been addressed as Pet.  I haven't a specific title because for me, it doesn't really mean much.  It's the intent which means more to me.  Since the person I most want to have a D/s dynamic with isn't on board with it, the titles from others don't impact me the way it would from the one I most desire it from. I still like it, but it's not exactly the same.

I find titles rather amusing.  At times, depending on the person, it is either arousing or abysmal.  Here's why.  A person has to fit the title for me.  There are many who want to be addressed as Master, Mistress, Sir, Goddess, Master of All, you name it, and it is a joke to me because I do not respect them.  I am a strongly opinionated Switch with sub tendencies.  For a person I don't know well or don't think of as a Dom/me I'd willingly submit to, these titles come across as pompous and ludicrous.  It goes back to "don't tell me, show me".  If someone has to tell me over and over again they are nice, mean, smart,etc then chances are, I don't buy it.  I make up my own mind.

For others, I understand they love these titles and enjoy using them.  That is fine by me.  I don't have issues with this and more power to them.  Just don't make me follow it if I don't agree with the title.  Fortunately, most of the people I've interacted with I prefer to use the title and they are more relaxed about it.  I've never experienced a dominant say, "you must call me Sir, Master or Mistress".  Instead, those I do respect and query if I should address them this way, they have all responded, "No, you are not my sub/slave.  Please address me by my name".  I have seen other dominants who I do not want to speak with try to force others to call them by these titles.  Oddly enough, they have never tried it on me.  I'm not sure what that says about me.

Comments

Popular Posts