Review: Foul is Fair


Foul is Fair
Foul is Fair by Chantal Halpin

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



*blink* Wait? Where's the rest of it? Grumble grumble. My friend, Chantal sent me a little note about a new book. I didn't pay too close attention to the recommendation and just added it to my unwieldy to be read shelf. It is Urban Fantasy and it's about a witch who works as a claim agent of some kind.

This short story moves very fast and when it's over, I'm wanting more. Sam is a witch who lives on the fringes. We don't know exactly why, but she wants to say under the radar. This story reminds me of early Kim Harrison. I loved early Ms. Harrison. This story a teaser for the series to come. I'm excited. The bit of world building is already intriguing to me and I'm already liking Sam. I want to learn more about these hunters too. This short story is written very tight and if this is what I have to look forward to, I can't wait to read a full length book.

The surprise to me is when I took a closer look at the author name, I realize, the author's name has the same name as my friend. I look a little closer and smack my hand to my forehead...it's my friend. I go back to search for the recommendation notification she sent and read the message attached. Yes, there are times when I'm oblivious. *chagrin* This story is a 3.5 star for me. I recommend it to those who enjoy The Hollows series by Ms. Harrison. Ms. Halpin is an up and coming author to watch.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts