Review: It's Not Shakespeare


It's Not Shakespeare
It's Not Shakespeare by Amy Lane

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is one of the sweetest romances I've read in a long time. Ms. Lane is always good for excellent character development. In this story, there is a badly burned Professor James of literature. Then there's the hot Rafael. They seem to be opposite, yet they are not. They are so good for each other. My favourite phrase in here - co-daddy. This was so sweet, what this term represents and symbolizes.

What I really like about Ms. Lane's books is how good they make a person feel. "Marlowe" of the worlds can be noticed as loveable human beings and I love this. She's one of my favourite feel good authors because she inspires a person to hope and learn that bad things happen, but that does not negate the good in the future. Or in the present, for that matter.

Plus, she's so darn smart! Her writing level is provocative in an intellectually stimulating way. I'm blow away with the arguments in her stories. Sophie and James's debates on books is what I'd love to have a friend discuss with me. The references to Monty Python was fabulous. I didn't get much of the Latino aspect so I can't really speak to it. I felt like James. I don't know what a hoodrat is either.

I highly recommend this m/m romance to everyone. It's a lovely story which will make you feel good.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts