Review: Prey


Prey
Prey by Andrea Speed

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I LOVE Roan and Paris. Wow, Roan is amazing. Ms. Speed is totally new to me. I love the way she writes and wish I read this earlier. She's amazing!

This book contains awesome alpha male characters and a great plot. Too bad no sex. Or at least not that much sex. Honestly, the book didn't need it.

What I really enjoyed about this book was the way the mystery was set up. My original genre when I first started really reading books was mystery. It seems that I'm still quite enamoured of this genre. This book made me think and try to connect the dots. I love that about a book. I was completely riveted by the mysteries and how Ms. Speed tied it all together.

I also really liked her characters. I'm not like either one - Roan or Paris, but I thought they were awesome. Roan is so fascinating. I can't wait to read more about him. Paris is NOT just another pretty face. When he threatens Eli, I wet my panties - not because I was scared but because I was turned on. Yes, I'm a sick puppy. And they are kitties!

Now to the world building. Wowza. I like it. I like how it's playing out here and as I learn more about the world, I thirst for more. This story almost reminds me of LKH's Anita Blake books when they first came out and were real stories. We have "church" and this virus of a shapeshifter disease. There's also crime solving. But that's about all there is when it comes to similarities. I highly recommend this book to paranormal readers who also love a good suspense.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts